Thursday, August 2, 2007

Week 6 Thing 15

What does Library 2.0 and the future of libraries mean to me?????
I have been coming to the library since I could walk. I have always loved the atmophere of the place. To be surrounded by so many books and to be able to enjoy them has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. When I started at the library a year ago, I noticed how much the world had changed and I knew the library, as I knew it, would have to change as well. I think allowing people to participate in library services is a innovative idea. There is much to be learned on both sides of the coin. In working at the library, I myself have had the opportunity to learn a lot from the patrons I interact with. I think the library needs to recognize how much we all have to offer and utilize our collective knowledge to it's benefit. I would love to be able to have unlimited web resources, as well as, a great cup of coffee available whenever I need it. So hears to the libraries of the future...............May we all be a part of it.

No comments: